Alice ELLIOT widow of Deddington
Probate Oxford 1638 (no details transcribed)
- buried near to 'first' husband
- dau. Priscilla [Holding], clothes, her two sons 20/- each when 18
- daughter Hannah Elliot
- son-in-law Thomas Holding 10/-
- dau. Anne Hobson 10/-, to each of her children 5/-
- brother Marke Barton, a book called 'a Guest for the Soule'
- Richard Barton, my brother's son and my godson a book called 'Imitation of Christ' wishing him to read it and follow it.
- Anne Fletcher, wife of Thomas Fletcher of Dadington, clothes
- the rest to dau. Hannah Elliot exec,
- overseers neighbours Thomas Nutt and William Forbosse
- 'I do nominate and appoint my two daughters Hannah Elliot and Priscilla Holding, wife of Thomas Holding of Tingewick, Bucks husbandman to be admitted tenants of the messuage and two yardlands in Hempton after the death of Elizabeth Dolton widow -- --- of one obligation bearing date --- --- Thomas Appletree the elder, Thomas Appletree the younger, John Elliot deceased my late husband
- signed Alice Elliot
- Witnesses. Thomas Nutt, William Forbosse